Monday, May 11, 2009

All By Myself

What can a girl do with a whole weekend by herself, no plans, no people? Finish writing the first two chapters of her new novel, that's what. When my weekend began, I had a measley two pages written. Come Sunday afternoon, two full chapters are ready to be typed up. That's what happens when I spend over four hours in a quiet coffeehouse on a Saturday and attend early Sunday Mass so I have the whole morning and early afternoon to continue writing. Add in a houseful of clean windows, three loads of laundry done, two Brewers games watched, groceries bought and a third of a book read, and you have the sort of weekend I need to be having more regularly. Allow me a moment of happy pride in what was, dare I say, a weekend designed just for me... ... ... Thanks.

No comments: