Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I'd Rather Be...

Today's weather is practically perfect in every way. (If I may steal a line from Mary Poppins' self-recommendation.) If I could be doing anything right now instead of sitting at this computer, scanning checks and invoices into our database and typing this blog, it would be this:



or I would settle for this:


I did, however, get to eat lunch in the backyard sunshine with a good book beside my plate. The forecast for this weekend should allow for some hiking and I'm already looking forward to it. I think Jessica will join me. The dilemma is always the same: where should I go? With no great trails in the immediate area, hiking requires a drive. The oft-repeated question is "how far and in what direction?" For this weekend I'm thinking it will either be Door County or the Chain o' Lakes area. We'll see what Jess is in favor of come Saturday.


As far as preference number one, I'm not sure when I'll have the chance to kayak. The rest of June and early July are booked up like a park pavillion in graduation season. I am seriously contemplating the purchase of my own boat though. I'd much prefer it to renting one each time I want to kayak. As it will require also buying the equipment to haul the kayak on my car, I need to make sure I consider all expenses before deciding. An extra incentive to make the purchase though is that my sister, Julie, who just moved to the area with her family last month, owns one. The potential of some sisterly good times on the water is terribly tempting.

No comments: