Monday, July 20, 2009

I Don't Get It

What about me screams, "Confide your secrets in me!" Seriously, are there giant flashing letters adhered to my back or do I emit an aura of invitation for this kind of thing? Not that I don't enjoy seeing my friends happy, or hearing their news; not that I don't appreciate their confidence in me when they are struggling through something or their wish to include me in their happiness. But really, it's starting to get ridiculous. Starting? No, I think it got ridiculous a while ago. I love you but I did not sign up for this role!!!!!!! Maybe I should just stop being friends with guys. I am so tired of being the supportive, encouraging, trust-her-with-your-secrets friend.

Ugh. I know this is about the furthest from the attitude of true friendship as I can get.

No comments: