Monday, July 13, 2009

Settling Down

I spent this past Thursday, Friday and Saturday at Lifest, a Christian music festival in a nearby city. A few of my nephews came along for two of the days and we had a grand time rocking out to concerts, consuming festival food and soaking in the summer sunshine. Yesterday, Sunday, marked the turning point for the summer though. June and the first half of July were filled with events and travels, all of which I enjoyed and celebrated and for which I'm gratefull, but the latter half of the summer is scheduled with... nothing. Nothing! It's unheard of! I'm so excited! Naturally, I have a dozen ideas of what to fill the time up with, but they're not planned out and scheduled on the calendar. What a relief that is. The daydreaming is unavoidable. Evenings spent writing more chapters, wide open Saturdays for hiking or kayaking, bike rides and tennis, maybe another Brewers game soon, and taking less than two weeks to watch one DVD from Netflix.

No comments: