Monday, July 11, 2016

Pictures & Words Day 9: On My Screen

Photo/Writing Prompt: On My Screen

On Saturday, I revisited a short story I began writing in January. It was a couple months since I last touched it. Reading it with fresh eyes I found I loved the words I'd put on the page. That isn't always the case when I return to a previous idea or snippet of a story. 

It's a quiet little story. Sentimental. I hope someday I'll have it complete and I can share it with you in one way or another. That's what I hope every time I start a story that I believe I could see through to its last lines. 

This is my first venture into the short story genre. It's a challenge. I tend toward too many words, something that a short story author can't afford. It is exactly the sort of project that I need as a fiction writer!

Maybe I'll post an excerpt on here soon, or I'll wait until it is finished and introduce you to Martin and Irene Tucker at that time. Stay tuned!

No comments: