Friday, September 25, 2009

Sore

Perhaps the most reasonable decision, after avoiding the gym like a quarterback avoids a defensive end, is to simply not go back to vigorous exercise if you've been away from it for at least a month. Maybe you should just accept your fate of never being thin and call it quits. My triceps, biceps, abdominals and quads (at least, I think those are my quads) are making a convincing argument after last night's return to the House of Physical Exertion.

Also falling under the category of 'sore' is my neck. The pain can be traced to multiple causes, not the least of which is the insatiable appetite for reading I've developed (or rather, regained) this week. I've been devouring fiction of late. The time spent curled up in bed with a book, half-sitting and half-lying down, hasn't done my neck any favors but has otherwise been quite lovely.

No comments: